I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.2 Timothy 1:5
It was not my grandmother but my own mother who started off my life’s journey with Jesus. Mom faned a flame in me by her simple teaching which led me as an early child to want to hear more about Jesus. I remember the word Grace simply explained. To those who may not know what I mean let me show you.
- G = God
- R= riches
- A = at
- C = Christ’s
- E = expense
Think about each of the those letters, if you do you will as the Apostle Paul says fan the flame of faith.
When faith reaches a certain level Paul goes on to continue telling us this For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
We need to fan the flame of Faith in these difficult times. Keep praying, reading His word and been together to encourage one another. God bless us all here in our family at Erdington.
Paul sent me this yesterday and it may encourage you. Take the letters and act accordingly.
L. O. C. K. D. O. W. N. is a time to:
- L – isten to GOD’s Voice and reflect. The Bible
- O – bey His Word and His Teachings.
- C – all in GOD’s name and be calm.
- K – now what is the purpose of all of this.
- D -well in His presence. Do not panic.
- O – ffer a prayer for everyone’s safety.
- W – ait and be patien This too, shall pass
- N – urture our personal relationship with Him.