Here we are today the 1st of March and the past weekend saw some lovely sunshine – it’s spring again! It lifts the times we are living in when we catch the warmth of the sun – well it does for me.
There is almost for me an element of a new season beginning and I’m looking forward to Easter arriving in a few weeks. Yes, Easter is almost upon us! For followers of Jesus, it is the great event we love to celebrate for it begins a new birth too in that Jesus died to remove our sin and put us right with God the Father.
The Apostle Paul could inform us we can now call Him Abba and enter into His presence and address Him so.
So today I thought let us look again at the prayer Jesus gives us whereby we can talk to Abba (Father) in a mindful way.
Spend some time in reflection stopping at each part, giving yourself time to allow God to speak.
God does not just speak in the supernatural. He very much speaks in the natural too. Look at creation, the birth of a new baby, the different animals we see each day just for starters. God has spoken to us in the natural too.
- Our Father who dwells in the heavens and on the earth, You are holy. What does that look like to you?
- We acknowledge and thank You for Your greatness. List some.
- Your love, grace, power and compassion. How has He shown you His love, mercy and grace, power and compassion?
- May we have a fresh revelation of you today, more than ever before.
- Thank you for your creation and the enjoyment we have from your creation.
- Provide us today with the things that You think we need and help us not to take for granted that which You have already provided for us. List the things you need, not your wants. Remember Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Forgive us when we don’t live as You intend, and may we be ready to forgive others when they don’t live as You intend. Now confess your sin He is ready to forgive, such is His great mercy.
- Guide us with Your wisdom away from those things that tempt us to be less than what You’ve called us to be, and protect us from the evil one. Remember James 1:5 “But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous to everyone and will give you wisdom without criticising you”.
- Bless our Prime Minister and all those who lead us and give them the wisdom to make the right decisions.
- Bless our communities and help those struggling to cope with the situation they find themselves in.
- Finally may you be glorified in my life today that people will see the hope we have in you, Jesus.
Stay Safe and Blessed