Christ came and preached peace to you who were far away from God, and to those who were near to God. Yes, it is through Christ we all have the right to come to the Father in one Spirit.Ephesians 2:7
It was Palm Sunday, and the family’s 6-year old son had to stay home from church because of a sore throat. When the rest of the family returned home carrying palm branches, the little boy asked what they were for. His mother explained, “People held them over Jesus’ head as he walked by. “Wouldn’t you know it?” the boy fumed, “The one Sunday I don’t go to church, and Jesus shows up
Apart from this pandemic if I ask you what has made the headlines recently you would probably say, Black Lives Matter.
The history of slavery is abhorrent to most human beings and we sadly as a nation has played our part in this disgusting practice.
Every year when picking your best gospel hymn a song called Amazing Grace is always in the top ten. That song was written by a man who forever remembered his part in slavery and encouraged William Wilberforce to put an end to it.
Why does this song make the top ten hundreds of years after it was written? For me, it is because of the first two words Amazing Grace.
Paul explains that because of Christ and the connection He has with man, I have access to God the Father through the Holy Spirit who lives in me.
You see it says that Christ came and preached peace. How we need that in today’s troubled times. No matter if you are black or white, Jesus came to put an end to the war. We once did practices against God which were abhorrent just like slavery, in the fact the Bible calls it slavery to sin.
We can know peace with God and do you know the other wonderful thing, God gives us that ability to love everyone no matter their colour. Will we ever see an end to slavery. We truly hope so. We need to do more than just get on one knee. We need to be proactive in ending this disease.
Similar I am so grateful to Jesus who was so proactive in preaching peace and dying so I can know peace with God.
Let me end with some other things the Bible has to say about this wonderful news of peace with God.
- It was for freedom that Christ set you free Galatians 5:1
- For he who is died is free from sin. Romans 6:7
- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free Romans 8:1
- What shall we then say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:31-32.
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
- If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36
Stay safe and blessed