For it is by grace you have been saved through faith. For a life of good deeds, which He has already prepared for us to do.Ephesians 2:8-10 (GN)
Yesterday we talked on three simple steps:
- SEE! You must be aware of someone else as a person. You must take an interest in them.
- STEP! Step into their shoes! Try to see things from their point of view. Try to feel what they feel in their circumstances.
- SHOW! Demonstrate your feeling for them in practical terms. Listen to their problem. Speak to them kindly. Help where help is needed.
1. Real Faith is not just something you Say
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such ‘faith’ save him?James 2:14 (NIV)
2. Real Faith is not just something you Feel
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?1 John 3:17 (NIV)
3. Real Faith is not just something you Think
But someone will say, ‘You have faith; I have deeds.’James 2:18a (NIV)
4. Real Faith is not just something you Believe…
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder’James 2:19 (NIV)
5. Real Faith is something you Do
This to me is the best description of faith. Faith always in my opinion results in an action. Let me give you a true illustration.
Many years ago in New York City there lived a wealthy couple by the name of Mr and Mrs Whitemore. They were entertaining guests one night and, in order to do something different, they went down to the Bowery to the mission of Jerry McAuley.
These people went in and sat down in the back to take in the service that night. As they heard Jerry McAuley preach, their hearts were touched, and they saw themselves as sinners. They went forward and accepted Christ.
Mr and Mrs Whitemore became workers in that area, and she established a home for wayward girls. She became known as the Rose of Mulberry Bend and was instrumental in beginning the movement for a ministry to such troubled girls.
Their faith compelled them to reach out and that is what we do each time a shoebox is sent out.
The shoebox, harvest and A21 etc are living proof of our faith and action here at Pype Hayes which I will always continue to do. Yes, the shoeboxes get dearer each year due to inflation and I know some do a shoebox. You may say I cannot afford to spend that type of money but you might be able to just give the £5 donation. It is the heart that God always looks at.
Stay Safe and Blessed