The Virus may be caused by an accident but You are no accident
Psalm 139 speaks of God’s intimate knowledge of each individual. He has that knowledge because He has created each person from the womb (Ps. 139:13).
I want to encourage you this morning no matter how you feel during this different time you may be facing not only with the virus but the effects on our social life and economy there is one amazing fact your birth was no accident.
Some say an accident is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance. Well if that is true, I know for sure my birth and yours cannot be an accident.
I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well. Psalm 139:14
God planned your birth because He wanted you. He loves you. Are you comforted by that thought? David tells us this about this amazing God in this Psalm
- God knows when we sit down to relax and when we rise up to engage in the varied activities of life.
- God can tell what we are thinking and even anticipates our thoughts.
- God sees us when we walk and when we lie down; in other words, God keeps a constant watch on us.
- None of our ways is hidden from Him.
- He knows what we are going to say before we ever say it.
- The future as well as the past and present is completely open to Him.
- And there is no creature hidden from His sight,
- His knowledge of us is so inconceivably absolute, He can guard us behind and before.
- His hand is laid upon us protecting us always.
I hope today if you are struggling to cope in these different challenging times you will take hope and encouragement from what we have shared about God today and you will put your trust completely in Him.
Let me end by giving you some amazing facts about your birth. Please do not rush through these facts, remember this is an amazing God doing a creative act because He loves you.
Your heart began to beat just 21 days after fertilisation
- At 8 weeks, you could respond to touch by reflex
- At 8 weeks, you had your own blood – not your mom’s blood but your ownAt 9 weeks, your limbs and fingers were growing and the bones in your arms began to calcify
- At 10 weeks, your brain began producing almost 250,000 new neurons every minute!
- At 11 weeks, your kidneys began to produce urine
- At 14 weeks you began to suck your thumb
- At about 16 weeks, your heart pumped about 26 quarts of blood every day.
- At around 20 weeks you were able to feel pain
- At birth, you had 100 billion neurons!
And finally consider the wonder of what God does in the womb with 60 trillion cells, 100 thousand miles of nerve fibre, 60 thousand miles of vessels carrying blood around the body, 250 bones, to say nothing of joints, ligaments and muscles.
Stay safe and Blessed